Christiana Care Annual Diabetes Update
Where / When
- New Castle County – Live Conference* hosted at John H. Ammon Medical Education Center Christiana Hospital Campus in Newark, DE – map
- Sussex County – Video Conference available at the Virden Retreat Center in Lewes, DE – map
- Saturday, March 14, 2020, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 7:00 a.m.
- *Vendors on-site
- Registration is required (please note your location selection when you register). Breakfast and lunch included in registration.
- Registration Deadline: March 11, 2020
CCHS Medical-Dental Staff: $55 in advance; $75 day of registration
Non-Christiana Care registration: $75; $95 day of registration
Emeritus physicians: $35
Full-time students: $20
CCHS residents & fellows: No charge to attend
This activity is intended for Primary Care Physicians, Specialty Physicians, Endocrinologists, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners.
Statement of Need
A substantial number of physicians report that their practices are less than well prepared to treat patients with comorbid health problems in diabetes, complex needs and that their patients face ongoing challenges to meet treatment goals. Although implementation of a treatment protocol is associated with better outcomes, many treatment protocols for diabetes care are not reinforced or followed in physician practices.
Upon completion of this activity learners should be able to:
- Recognize diabetes related comorbidities and prevent readmissions in the hospital due to diabetes related episodes.
- Examine new guidelines for diabetes and commercial driving and diabetes management with steroid treatment.
- Create a more standardized, evidence-based approach to treatment of diabetes.
- Examine diabetes from a national perspective.
CPE and CME credits available.
This year’s symposium will examine an array of topics including new guidelines for diabetes and commercial driving, reducing LOS inpatient disease management, primary care management of diabetes, weight and nutrition management, and information on CFRD.
An agenda outline is below. For more details, see the complete agenda with speakers by clicking here.
- 7:15 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. Welcome and Overview
8:10 a.m. Diabetes Management with Steroid Treatment
- 9:00 a.m. Reduces LOS Inpatient Disease Management
- 9:50 a.m. Diabetes and Commercial Driving –New Guidelines
- 10:40 a.m. Break
- 11 a.m. Faculty Panel
- 11:50 a.m. Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- 1:20 p.m. Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes
- 2:10 p.m. Nutrition Management of DM
- 3:00 p.m. Newer Technologies in the Management of Diabetes
- 3:50 p.m. Closing Remarks
- 4:00 p.m. Conclusion