DDC College Scholarship
The Delaware Diabetes Coalition has established a scholarship to provide financial assistance to high school seniors who are planning to attend further education in an accredited higher education program or students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program who have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
The scholarship will be payable to the institution.
- Delaware resident.
- High school senior seeking higher education from an accredited college or university or a student currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes.
- GPA of 3.0 or better. Transcript required.
- 500-word essay entitled: “How diabetes has impacted my life choices.”
- Two letters of support, not from family members.
- Able to make an appearance at the annual Delaware Diabetes Wellness EXPO held in November, to be recognized as the scholarship recipient.
- One-time recipient only
2016 Scholar Recipients
- Mary Lemma
- Clinton Rumley
The complete application consists of the following:
- The Application Form
- An official school transcript
- Two (2) letters of support (not from family members)
- A 500 word essay entitled: “How diabetes has impacted my life choices.”
Award – $1000
Deadline – April 30, 2020
Submission – Email all files to: [email protected]
Notification of award – No later than July 30, 2020
If you have any questions please call: 302-519-6767