Below is the beginning of our exciting agenda for 2019 Wellness Expo, November 19 at the Dover Downs Hotel & Conference Center in Dover, Delaware. Please add your email address to the Stay Updated box below to stay informed as the agenda is completed.
9:15 – 9:25 AM: Welcome & Housekeeping
9:30 – 10:30 AM Breakout Sessions: Choose one breakout session
- The Nerve of Diabetes (Neuropathy) presented by Mark Menendez, MD, Coastal Foot & Ankle: Preventing or delaying diabetes-related nerve damage (Neuropathy) through good care for people with diabetes
- Sustainable Behavioral Changes and Emotional Side Effects presented by Edward Feuer, MA and Stacey Lourie, DNP, Christiana Care Health System: Diabetes Mental Health – anxiety, depression and beyond and its effect on diabetes management and daily life.
10:30 – 10:45 AM Break
10:45 – 11:45 AM Breakout Sessions: Choose one breakout session
- Good Diabetes Control through the Eyes of Technology Panel: Managing diabetes with innovative and revolving advancements in technology and design.
- Type 2 Diabetes – A Pound of Prevention presented by Lenaye Lawyer, MD, Market Chief Medical Officer, AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware: Preventing the development of Type 2 diabetes throughout the stages of life, from youth and beyond.
11:45 AM – 12:00 PM Break
12:00 – 1:00 PM Lunch
12:00 – 12:10 PM An Overview of the Delaware Diabetes Coalition presented by Nina Pletcher, CDE, President, Delaware Diabetes Coalition
12:10 – 12:20 PM Diabetes in Delaware presented by Lt. Governor Bethany Hall Long
12:30 – 1:00 PM The Empowerment of Good Control Brings Good Outcomes – Keynote presented by Nira Madisi, MD, Bayhealth: An overview of skill sets in controlling diabetes that provide positive health outcomes through competence and confidence.
1:00 – 1:30 PM Break
1:30 – 2:30 PM Breakout Sessions: Choose one breakout session
- The Highs and Lows of Medication Management presented by Dr Kim Robbins, RPH, Executive Director, Delaware Pharmacist Society: A discussion on the importance of medication therapy, adherence, communication and understanding – a partnership between the healthcare team and patient.
- Healthy Eating and Healthy Habits presented Kelli Janowski, MS, RD, LDN, Delaware Division of Public Health, Diabetes and Heart Disease Prevention and Control Program: A presentation that will outline how living healthy is critical to managing diabetes and controlling your weight and blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol.