Below is our exciting agenda for 2019 Wellness Expo, Tuesday, November 19 at the Dover Downs Hotel & Conference Center in Dover, Delaware.
9:15 – 9:25 AM: Welcome & Housekeeping (Ballroom B & C)
9:30 – 10:30 AM Breakout Sessions: Choose one breakout session
- (Ballroom A): The Nerve of Diabetes (Neuropathy) presented by Mark Menendez, MD, Coastal Foot & Ankle: Preventing or delaying diabetes-related nerve damage (Neuropathy) through good care for people with diabetes
- (Delaware Room): Sustainable Behavioral Changes and Emotional Side Effects presented by Edward Feuer, MA and Stacey Lourie, DNP, Christiana Care Health System: Diabetes Mental Health – anxiety, depression and beyond and its effect on diabetes management and daily life.
10:30 – 10:45 AM Break
10:45 – 11:45 AM Breakout Sessions: Choose one breakout session
- (Ballroom A): Good Diabetes Control through the Eyes of Technology Panel: Diabetics Richard Gregory, “Bo” Pruitt, and Karen J. Smith will discuss how they manage their diabetes with innovative and evolving advancements in technology and design. Nina Pletcher, MEd, RD, CDE, will moderate this panel.
- (Delaware Room): Type 2 Diabetes – A Pound of Prevention presented by Lenaye Lawyer, MD, Market Chief Medical Officer, AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware: Preventing the development of Type 2 diabetes throughout the stages of life, from youth and beyond.
11:45 AM – 12:00 PM Break
12:00 – 1:00 PM Lunch (Ballroom B & C)
12:00 – 12:10 PM An Overview of the Delaware Diabetes Coalition presented by Nina Pletcher, MEd, RD, CDE, President, Delaware Diabetes Coalition (Ballroom B & C)
12:10 – 12:20 PM Diabetes in Delaware presented by Lt. Governor Bethany Hall Long (Ballroom B & C)
12:30 – 1:00 PM The Empowerment of Good Control Brings Good Outcomes – Keynote presented by Nira Madisi, MD, Bayhealth: An overview of skill sets in controlling diabetes that provide positive health outcomes through competence and confidence. (Ballroom B & C)
1:00 – 1:30 PM Break
1:30 – 2:30 PM Breakout Sessions: Choose one breakout session
- (Ballroom A): The Highs and Lows of Medication Management presented by Kim Robbins, PharmD, Executive Director, Delaware Pharmacists Society: A discussion on the importance of medication therapy, adherence, communication and understanding – a partnership between the healthcare team and patient.
- (Delaware Room): Healthy Eating and Healthy Habits presented Kelli Janowski, MS, RD, LDN, Delaware Division of Public Health, Diabetes and Heart Disease Prevention and Control Program: A presentation that will outline how living healthy is critical to managing diabetes and controlling your weight and blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol.
2:30 – 3:00 PM Expo Close